Translate

Friday, August 24, 2012

No Place That I'd Rather Be...

There is no other place that I'd rather be, than right in the center of God's will. Whether it be in a tiny house along the sand and heat in Mozambique, or a small house in the inner-city of Atlanta, it doesn't matter, as long as I am right where God wants me. 

As we were searching for homes to rent in Atlanta, I became quite discouraged because I didn't really care for any of houses that we were looking at. I prefer a spacious, modern, and beautiful house with an extra room for homeschooling and a fenced backyard, all for an affordable price. YEAH, RIGHT! Not in the inner-city of Atlanta! 

After searching for about 3 months, we finally found a small house located right in the heart of Atlanta. It has a beautiful backyard with two patios outside, and is in a safe neighborhood. But, it is so small for a family of seven! I was not  thrilled about having to  squish 5 kids in a 1400 square-foot home. So, I started doubting and got discouraged. Then, I asked God to speak to me (again) about our family moving to downtown Atlanta. I hear nothing. Then, as I continue to seek the Lord (and surrender my will again), he reminds me that He already DID speak to me, and that I just need to be obedient.

In the next few days, we will be signing a lease for our new home! And, there is no place that I'd rather be than right where He wants me. So, I am really excited, not because the house is everything that I want, but because it is such an adventure to follow God!

No comments:

Post a Comment