Translate

Friday, May 31, 2013

I WILL GO!!! :)

As I sit and ponder the life of Jesus (our standard), I am reminded of how "radical" He was, and it encourages me to set the standard in my own life. Think about it, He lived every-single-day for the will of His Father! He didn't have His own agenda, drive, ambition or dreams, but only to carry out and to do what the Father was saying. While it was still dark, He would draw away, because He lived for this one thing only! He was obedient (unto death), determined, committed, abandoned, sold out, and completely dead to self (a martyr). 

Jesus said it Himself, "Unless a seed goes into the ground and dies, it remains by itself alone. But if it dies, it produces many others and yields a rich harvest." I pray that I, like Jesus, would be dead to myself (yikes!) so that I can live entirely for the will of the Father.

This song came fresh to my heart this morning:

Verse1: I will abandon my life
For the sake of the call
For the sake of love

Chorus: I will go onto the narrow road
I will go where few will dare to go 
I will go to the depths of the unknown
I will go down the unfamiliar road

Bridge: I'll give my heart in complete surrender
I'll lay my life down on the altar

Verse 2: For you will come again
And all of the vanities and chasing the wind 
Will be swept away
And one thing will remain...so...(Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment